Wow – Sunday, April 1 was a huge day for everyone!
First, it was Ashley’s birthday. (Happy Birthday!!) We were supposed to go out on Saturday night for our last big date night as a family of 2. A really special dinner and some live music afterwards. Turns out that wasn’t to happen! Unbeknownst to us, our last date night as a family of 2 was a Mexican dinner and Limitless the Friday prior. Poor Ashley didn’t get much other than a few “Happy Birthdays!” from me & Elia. I’m not ready to get out and about alone with the baby so I’ll have to surprise her with an excellent gift later.
As far as our other milestones:
- Elia’s umbilical cord fell off
- We cut those teeny tiny, but LONG fingernails for the first time. Terrifying!
- Elia’s first blowout. Oops.
- Nervous mommies called the doctor for the first time about a runny eye. It appears to be a blocked tear duct. (We cleared the following 2 activities with the doctor while we had her on the phone).
- We went on our first walk & tried out the wrap. As with breastfeeding, it took more hands to get her into the wrap than I expected.
- We went out to dinner for the first time. Yes, we went out to get sushi with Brad, Jill, Josh & Karen. Elia was a complete little angel. She was alert for a good portion of it, but didn’t make a peep – she just quietly observed everything. Then she went to sleep until I had to wake her for a feeding.
We also had a ton of visitors yesterday: Amy & Gracie came over for lunch, then Brad, Jill, Josh and Karen came over in the evening and for dinner, and during that time Sean, Stacey and all 3 kids came to drop off some gumbo and jambalaya. That was a lot of people in our small house! We’ve been recovering today with a lot of naps.