Just a quick post to capture what’s going on this week since the purpose of this blog is to record milestones, after all.
* I’m 32 weeks, 1 day and boy does being in the “30s” really freak me out. Now that the week countdown is down to single digits I’m getting a little overwhelmed by all that still needs to be done!
* We found out that we get one more ultrasound – yay! One more chance to see the little one. I’ve said no to all unnecessary test or procedures, but the allure of seeing Elia one more time is just too much for me to turn down.
* Speaking of the little pea, she got hiccups for the first time last Thursday! I thought it was hilarious, although I was initially confused. Then, when I realized she was “kicking” with a steady rhythm beyond her ability, I finally figured out what was going on. I apparently hiccuped A LOT in utero (sorry mom!). I was expecting this one to do the same, and was surprised that she hadn’t started that yet. However, one of the strangest side effects of this pregnancy is that *I* hiccup all the time. Loud, deep, painful hiccups. So I kind of just figured I was hiccuping for both of us. Apparently it doesn’t work that way.
* I’ve come to peace with the fact that I’ve ignored an unbloggable thing for as long as I possibly can, and it’s time to address it. This too shall pass. Keep calm and carry on (I say again). What doesn’t kill. Hunker down. It is what it is. After all…tomorrow is another day. Look on the bright side. And an assortment of other cliches to focus on for a while.
* The nursery looks awesome during the day, and slightly less awesome, but totally fine at night. Getting furniture in and getting that electrical blue tape down made ALL the difference in how we perceive the paint color. We’re loving how it’s coming out. Also, the loft has been successfully converted in to a guest room/office, now that the curtain is hanging. The blackout curtains can be drawn closed when there’s someone staying with us, but is pulled open the rest of the time, to give the illusion of more space. Since it’s a loft, we lose a lot of light downstairs when that curtain is closed! While it was a royal pain to install, and we’re not 100% pleased with how it came out, it’s still a much better solution than putting up a wall which would make an already small space apear SO much smaller.
* On Wednesday we’re going to New Orleans and our shower is on Saturday. YAY! I can’t wait to see everyone! My weight has been steady for 3-4 weeks now, but I fully expect that to change by the end of the New Orleans trip. We’ll blame it on the baby packing on pounds and not all the food that I’m enjoying since I can’t drink! 🙂
* My aunt bought our jogging stroller from our registry! This was so unexpected – we really didn’t think we’d receive it. We just registered for it to get the 10% discount they give you at the end for all registry items not purchased. I’m so, so excited about it! I mean, it has an iPod plug in with speakers. Love that mommies get gadgets and gear too!
* A dozen chocolate covered “long stem” strawberries arrived at my office today for Elia and I. Ashley figured that we could both enjoy that present, whereas Elia wouldn’t be able to enjoy flowers, what with not being able to see and all. Given that I squealed, “It says EDIBLE” when I first saw the box and that Elia’s been doing flips all afternoon, I’d say that Ashley was right.
So, that’s been the week!